July 24, 2008

Obama, Obama He's [Not] Our Man!

My third post and I'm already stirring up controversy! I would have to say in my defense that I would consider this more of being a dutiful watchman on the wall than trying to stir up trouble.

Keeping up with all of the daily news for my Christian news web site, I get to see just about everything that's going on in the world. And you'd have to be pretty daft not to know what's going on now that we're in full swing for the upcoming presidential elections.

In one corner is the Democratic Obama and in the other, the Republican McCain. Where's Huckabee when you need him?

Now, I surely don't cast my vote for the next President based on how good a Christian they are. If I did that then I likely wouldn't be able to vote for any of them. There are many skills and attributes that need to be weighed before a decision can be made. But seeing as how one of the candidates is trying to pass himself off as a devout Christian who also happens to be Biblically illiterate, this gives me reason to pause (the little clues are how he has managed to mangle Scripture the few times he's dared to quote it and his attitude that all "moral" people will be allowed into heaven regardless of whether they are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Buddhist). What I see is a man who is SEVERELY lacking in morale character when it comes to things which I think true Christians should be paying attention to. Then I have a good idea of who I will NOT be voting for rather than who I will be.

Searching through the press articles I've archived over the past year, Mr. Obama has made it VERY CLEAR that he is 100% for abortion, he's FULLY behind the GLBT movement, he REFUSES to defend marriage as being between one man and one woman and, like his former Democratic opposition Mrs. Clinton, has LITTLE REGARD for the sanctity of life.

Here is a man who, under the guise of "defending a woman's reproductive rights" is proud to have been given a 100% rating by NARAL:

"I was proud to get Planned Parenthood's endorsement [July 9], but I have to say that when you look who's got a 100 percent rating from Planned Parenthood, and you've got another candidate [McCain] with a zero percent rating from Planned Parenthood, then it's not really a nail-biter [in deciding whom to support]," he said to laughter.
Not only has he voted against a ban on partial-birth abortion multiple times, he's also shown his true depravity by actively opposing the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act. This was to be a little piece of legislation which would help babies who manage to survive a botched abortion and are born alive. But instead of treating such babies and rushing them to a hospital for emergency care, they are simply thrown into garbage buckets to die of exposure or are left to drown in toilets. How sweet. Thank you for showing us your true colors, Mr. Obama. May the one true God of creation have mercy on your eternal soul.

This is also the man who has said that if one of his daughters were to get "accidentally" pregnant, he would want them to have the option of "terminating the pregnancy" instead of "being punished with a baby." Now there's a father figure and male role model. Don't punish a girl, just take a life instead. Besides, it's just a piece of tissue.

Mr. Obama is also very chummy with the homosexual movement. He actively supports homosexuality and has promised to pass pro-homosexual legislation if elected.

What follows are just a few of the articles I've compiled which help to display Mr. Obama's "Christian" character for all to see. Please, take some time to educate yourself on his positions. Then spend some time in prayer to see if this man has the type of character you want to be running and representing the United States of America.

Obama Tells Group He'll 'Never Back Down' In His Support Of Legal Abortion

Barack Obama: Fact vs. Rhetoric on Abortion

Obama Makes Promise To Planned Parenthood

Faith Group Condemns Obama For 'Punished With A Baby' Quote

The Audacity Of Death

Obama Promises 'Gays' 'Strongest Possible Bill'

Obama: If Elected I Will Use The Bully Pulpit For Gay Community

Obama's Statement On Pride 2008!

Obama Tells Debate Audience He Regrets Schiavo Vote

Obama Calls Vote To Help Terri Schiavo Biggest Mistake

Obama To Say Iraq War Is Dangerous Distraction

Michelle Obama's Insult To Stay-at-Home Moms

If you have a half-hour to listen to an archived radio broadcast on the web, please take the time to listen to Dr. Dobson and Dr. R. Albert Mohler (one of my modern-day heroes) talk about Obama (mostly) and McCain on a recent episode of Dobson's radio program, Focus on the Family Action.

What will America be if Obama gets elected? An Obamanation. Funny and terribly sad all at the same time.

UPDATE: Just ran across this article which fits right into my theme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm going to check out this systematic theology book, when I get finished with all my other reading (next year or later). I'm sure I will enjoy reading your blog.

Obamanation-- excellent!

-Amy Niew...

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Hi, Amy! Thanks for stopping by!

What theology book is that?

As for the "Obamanation", I got it from Way of the Master Radio. Not sure where they heard about it. But it did stick with me and, I think, for good reason.